The Yarragum room – purpose built for babies
A light-filled spacious room with its own yard provides a safe and nurturing environment for our babies.
We have a ratio of 1 educator to 4 children. Our team consists of experienced and qualified educators with a room leader that supports the staff in the delivery of the educational program. Our educators develop strong relationships with families and value the primary role that families play in their child’s life.
The flexible program meets the individual needs of each child. We place great importance on relationships and nurturing each child’s needs and interest. Programs aim to stimulate enquiry, engage the senses, creativity and imagination and offer choices for our babies.
We link our practice to the Victorian Early Years Learning Practice Principles and outcomes:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators
Our Management and Administrative team supports and guides the staff to implement the Early Years Learning and the National Quality Frameworks.
- Program supports individual needs of each child
- Peer learning and teaching
- Nurture, care and education
- Home like setting
The centre operates from 7.30am to 6.00pm.
Nappies, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and a light late snack is provided.
Our staff develop strong collaborative partnerships with families in diverse ways that actively support parents as the first teachers of their children. Our volunteer board and sub-committees are parents of the children attending. They dedicate their time and expertise to making our centre welcoming, caring, stimulating and positive.
All educators participate in professional development sessions throughout the year to strengthen their existing skills and knowledge. Each educator has:
• Diploma of Children’s Services or
• Certificate III Children’s Services or equivalent
• Working with Children Checks
• Level 2 First Aid
• CPR training
• Anaphylaxis training
Some of our staff have been employed at KCCC for lengthy periods providing children and families with stability, consistency and quality education and care. Our newest additional team members are welcomed to our staffing group bringing fresh ideas, knowledge and experience to our service
Meet Our Educators
We have a team of highly experienced and dedicated team educating and caring for our babies. We consider it our privilege to educate and care for each child and accompany them as they embark on a journey of learning and exploration. We are committed to providing the highest quality education and care for their early years.
Our educators have:
- Diploma or Cert III Early Childhood qualifications
- Working with Children Check
- First Aid and Anaphylaxis training
- Ongoing professional development to enhance their knowledge and skills